Montag, 18. Februar 2019

Shift Dress #1

I still had some green linen fabric which I used for my Sureau Dress. So I set out for another sewing adventure and made a fully lined Shift Dress with an underlapped vent. As a basic I used the Shift Dress #1 pattern form the book Dressmaking by Alison Smith.

Making and Modifications:
First I made a muslin (yes!) with the given pattern size 10-12.
Then I was ready to make some modifications on the paper pattern:
- Made a SBA of 6 mm
- Adjusted neckline front + back to avoid gaping
- Shortened bodice length by 1.5 cm
- Shortened skirt length by 11 cm
- Adjusted bodice side seam width to my measures
- Adjusted skirt shape to a straight line = added a total of 10 cm at hemline width
- Made an overlapped vent
- Fully lined the dress






Fabric: 100% Linen
Fabric weight: 320g/m
Used: 160cm length / 140cm width
Size 10-12

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen